Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mommie and Daughter Day


Today was a Mommie and Daughter Day...

It is amazing how close a mom and daughter can be when trouble comes to one of them. I have experienced my share in the last few years and my daughter has been right beside me through it all. She was my shoulder to cry on, my strength to go forward and sometimes the wisdom I needed when no one else was there. I thank God for her every single day.

This week and especially today, I have had to be that strong force in her life to help her deal with a hard situation. Tonight, she thanked me... for yes...taking her cell phone and her computer. I hate to see her in pain and I hate to see her sad, because I feel all of it right along with her. Right decisions and wrong decisions, we can seem to work them out together. Between all the tears, we can find a few laughs, a bunch of hugs, even a late afternoon nap.

Let me encourage all of you to love your daughters (and sons) with that never ending love, always understanding love, that stern love that they need during those tender years. I will cherish this week for many, many years to come.

Thank you Olivia Grace Campbell...I love you!!

2 comments:

Camella Black said...

Glad you and Olivia worked it out, being a mom is hard; so is being a daughter.

Big Time said...

I would love a father/daughter day. I love my father/son days. Have a great day!

Followers