Monday, August 17, 2009

Sadness



Sadness comes into your life in so many different ways. Someone can die and you experience a great sense of sadness. Someone can move away and even though you can still talk or occasionally see them, you will still be some what sad. Someone can hurt your feelings and even if you think you are okay with it, it is still hard to move on. Sometimes, I think you can just be sad and not know why. I seem to be experiencing my share of sadness lately. I am not sure why it is me that has to carry this dark rainy cloud. My best friend calls me Sunshine and I am really not sure why anymore. I really don't feel that I brighten anybody's day, not even my own. So therefore, I have been digging deep in my soul searching for what makes me happy in an effort to kick this blasted bad attitude's butt. A part of my life is slowly coming to an end and I find myself wondering what is around the corner for me. Will I have all I ever dreamed of? Will I be able to make it day by day? To make myself happy, do I have to make everyone else around me miserable? Most importantly, will I truly be happy? Sometimes I get so confused!




S imply the

A ttitudes of others

D etermine the

N ecessary

E ndurance of

S adness placed upon

S unshine today



I wrote this poem because the way other people treat me determines my happiness. I am not sure why I allow this in my life, but I am not quite sure how to make it stop. I think it is a lack of respect. Do you feel you can love someone and not respect them? Or maybe just not give them the respect they deserve? If you have suggestions...Just leave me a comment...I am very interested! And oh, by the way...my sadness doesn't last too long. I can usually eat a piece of chocolate, drink a Diet Dr. Pepper, vent a little bit to someone, then I can keep moving along through out my day. Have a good one everybody!



2 comments:

Big Time said...

I hope while you are digging deep in your soul you will find that your best freind is still in there. I know he misses you.

Sunshine said...

Thanks Big Time. Have a great day.

Followers