Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hang on....

Ripley the Rain Frog.

It was already dark and the crickets were chirping. I can't seem to remember exactly why I was outside that night, but maybe it was to cook on the grill. I noticed this frog was hanging on the back of the lakehouse door. Each and every time I opened or closed the door, he continued to hang on. Even after I tortured him by taking picture after picture, blinding him with the flash...he still hung on! Click after click, I just wasn't sure I was getting the one picture I wanted. After I marveled at him for a while, I went inside not thinking about him anymore. Maybe assuming he would go away somewhere and play. Lots of time pasted and I had forgotten all about my friend Ripley, the frog outside.

Later that evening I was resting on the couch, enjoying the dinner that was prepared and some TV. All of a sudden, I thought I saw something fall from the ceiling. Not knowing what it was and being afraid, I pulled my legs up on the couch. Oh no! I thought I saw it move again. What was it? I couldn't see it...and then it moved again! It was Ripley!!! He wanted to come in and watch TV with me! YAY!!!

After much laughter and fun, I finally caught my new friend in a food container and sent him on a new adventure to a different place in the yard. I truly hope I didn't hurt him in the move, but he hopped off as if it had been fun getting to know me.

I hope everyone likes the picture as much as I loved this moment in time. Maybe it will remind you to HANG ON whether your door is open or shut and just maybe...help yourself to a little relaxation...ha ha ha...

Have a great day!



No comments:

Followers